2000 CD Loading Problems

My CD player is having intermittent problems loading discs. This is not the blank display or volume problem. Upon loading a CD, a series of repeating clicks can be heard and the disc is ejected. If I keep trying long enough, the disc may load. If I leave the disc in the slot overnight, it will have loaded itself by morning (!) This is the base AM/FM single CD radio. Would removing and cleaning the CD mechanism help? Does it need a simple adjustment? Thanks for any advice.

Steve R

Reply to
Stephen Read

Steve ,

Same problem happened after 6 months on my 6 CD audio system Ford 6006E. My car is a 2002 explorer XLT 4X4 . Well , after removing and cleaning the mechanism it worked well , but only for few months . Ford car dealer ordered a new CD one month ago and I'm still waiting ! That's why I've decided to buy a double din Kenwood CD/MP3 , black colour. I think that ford audio system are very bad quality.

Try to remove and clean your system by a professional , but to be honest the best thing you can do is replacing your audio with a good CD player . I suppose you have a double din , and take a look a Sony , Clarion and Kenwood .They make very good system , and the best choice would be a CD/MP3 .

Good luck

ART

"Stephen Read" a écrit dans le message de news:yX4Yb.2328$ snipped-for-privacy@news20.bellglobal.com...

Reply to