2000 EXP SMOKE FROM STEERING WHEEL

I just read a thread from all the way back in 2003 that speaks on the same exact problem I am having now!!! I have been having the issue for a minute now; but seeing as though I am not in the position (financially) to take my truck to the dealership everytime something goes wrong with it, I guess I waited too long and now its biting me in the butt! I was having the issue with the left blinker, the smoke from where the 4-way flashers are turned on, all that... yesterday, it started smoking for no reason! No turn signal, no radio on, no air conditioning on... nothing! I freaked!! My children were in the car!!! I got home and parked it as fast as possible! I refused to drive it ANYWHERE else except to the dealership! I took it there first thing this morning, but due to them not knowing exactly what's going on (because there is currently no recall for anything electrical with the 2000's), I don't know what they're gonna tell me... Has anyone ever got a definitive answer on what is going on with this, or how much something like this is gonna possibly "break" me for???

MJ Odenton, MD

Reply to
Malona Jackson

state tech via CarKB.com

my 2001 has a lot of issue with the connector just above the steering wheel in the column. My blinkers wouldnt work if my tilt steering was down but would work when I raised the steering. The connector was cracked. The column comes apart in halves to inspect. Hope this helps.

Reply to
ed