2001 Explorer Sport, Transmission Problems after Dealer Service

Hey friends I have some Transmission problems with my 2001 Explorer Sport after the dealer serviced it. I've noticed that the engine revs much higher when pulling from a stop and when increasing speed. I've also noticed a extreme reduction in fuel mileage after the Dealer Service. Before the Service I got 330mi per Tank, after the Service I get 230mi per Tank. I talked to and had a ride-along with the Service Manager, he side stepped and fudge-explained away everything except the fuel mileage. He had nothing to say about that, curious I thought. the Other day I had my oil changed at the drive-in oil-change place and mentioned my Transmission Problem to the Tech there when he tried to sell me a Transmission fluid change. He said something I found eye opening, he claims that when his store does not have the proper Transmission Fluid they use the fluid type of the earlier year models and adds a "high Friction" supplement. I'm wondering if this possible, and If my Dealer added the Incorrect Fluid to my Transmission. What would be the symptoms, and what supplement would need to be added to fix the problem? Is any one Out There Heard of this? Is the Fluid in the New Ford Transmissions a "High Friction" Type?

Reply to
Justa Bum