2004 EB Fan Noise

The fan on my 2004 EB goes into high initially and seems to pretty much stay there. (It may adjust down a notch or so over time.) This happens on days where the outside temp is well above freezing.

Is this a climate control feature? Is the intent to continuously circulate outside air throughout the vehicle? Other Ford vehicles I've owned, the fan continuously adjusts downward to the point where you can barely hear it. Now, I have to manually adjust the fan to the lower speeds just to hear myself think.

Also, the air doesn't blow hot when this is happening. It only blows a slight warm. Manually, I can get the heat to come out of the vents hot. Should the air blow hot (when on auto) until the vehicle reaches the desired temperature? If so, I've got a problem.

Reply to
John J. Lewis

Sounds like your thermostat is stuck wide open and the atc can't warm up the inside, so the fan remains in the upper speeds. wth

Reply to
wth