94 Explorer license plate bulb socket part # ??

I went to replace my license plate bulb today and noticed the socket is corroded and needs to be replaced. I went to napa and several other autoparts to find a generic bulb socket that will fit into the housing that is affixed to the bumper with no luck.

Does anyone know what the part number is so I can check Ford and also where I might get a generic one that will fit into the receptacle that is on the bumper. I will buy from ford if I have to...I was hoping to purchase a generic low cost in order to replace the oem one by cutting the wires..soldering the new one and then popping the new bulb socket (with a NEW 194 Bulb) back into place.

thanks,

Sam in Raleigh.

Reply to
Sam

I don't know the part number, but I had to replace one a while back. It was only about $5 bucks and the guy at the Ford parts counter had no problem finding it in his system.

Reply to
Herb Kauhry

Great that is what I will check on tomorrow. Thanks !!

Reply to
Sam

An addition, you may want to pick up a tube of dielectric grease, if you don't already have one. Before inserting the bulb in the new socket, squeeze some dielectric grease in the socket to prevent corrosion reoccurrence.

Good luck,

Steven

Sam wrote:

Reply to