2000 XLT Instrument Panel: 4WD High & Low lights flashing on together

They are flashing on slowly (every other second), occasionally (say, every 10 minutes) for a short period (lasting about 10 seconds). I haven't been able to establish any connection between how I'm driving the truck (normal city and freeway) and when they start to flash. I haven't used the 4WD lately and the truck seems to be running OK. I had the 60k service 2 months ago but nothing unusual was done to it. Appreciate any advice on this gremlin.

Reply to
Richard

I think this is an error indication in the 4WD system. I read some posts recently while researching my Transfer Case problem. Hooking the car up to a diagnostic system will reveal more specific error codes. IIRC this condition can arise if there is a problem detected in the AWD electronics or the automatic selector motor. I would not ignore this condition. My transfer case has just failed in my 97 XLT. This would cost $2,200 to replace at the dealer.

Robin

Reply to
Robin

Reply to