96 Explorer 5.0L XLT awd

I have to change my idler pulley and serpentine belt on my Explorer. It looks pretty straightforward, but there is usually something that comes up on any of these repairs. Are there any surprises or tricks involved with replacing this pulley? TIA

Reply to
Droopy

Other than paying attention to the locator tab or pin on the tensioner (if this is the idler you are speaking of) there should be no "gotchas".

Reply to
Jim Warman

Is it the top or bottom idler, or is it the tensioner you are replacing?

Ken

Reply to
Ken