97 Explorer Headlights

I cannot see at night with my current headlights. I can drive with my highbeams on and no notices. I had them adjusted already and still ot difference.(they even set them higher than normal for me) I have also tried different bulbs and had noluck. Any suggestions?

Reply to
pep2

Are the lenses on the pods discoloured or sandblasted? Any kind of hazing can block a great deal of light. If the lenses are indeed nice and clear, you might try measuring the voltage drop across the headlight bulb with the headlights turned on and hooked up...... should be within one volt of source voltage.

I hesitate to voice this last idea but I once had a customer that thought their daytime running lights were actually "automatic" lights and accused me of not being able to fix their tailights properly..... Ford DRLs run the high beam filament at half power....

highbeams on and no notices. I had them adjusted already and still ot difference.(they even set them higher than normal for me) I have also tried different bulbs and had noluck.

Reply to
Jim Warman