97 Explorer starting problem

Hello,

I have a 97 Explorer sport, 4.0L V6 SOHC engine. Sometimes on very hot days the engine doesn't start easily and when it starts it idles very low (

Reply to
Hilbert

I'm not sure what IAC means.

Thanks, Hilbert

Reply to
Hilbert

Idle Air Control It's a long (about 4") cylindrical part with a diamond shaped mount to the upper manifold with 2 screws. The cylinder runs parallel to the intake manifold has a 2 wire connector.

I think 2 screws hold it in place. there is a plunger inside that moves to allow more or less air into the intake. If it's sticky, it will cause the problem you are having.

There have been numerous postings on the IAC in this group. You can do a google search and find more details.

Reply to
rakster

Thanks!

I really appreciate your help. I'll try to clean it this weekend.

Thanks, Hilbert

Reply to
Hilbert