97 FORD EXPLORER

A friend thought they would help me change the sprk plug wires and removed all the wires from the distributor cap is there a site I can go to to tell me where the wires go on the the distributor cap 97 Explorer V6 SOHC

Reply to
tom

97 Explorer SOHC doesn't have a distributor...
Reply to
Rick

Whatever. The spark plug wires go to this object on the top of the motor that delivers an electrical pulse to the wire leading to the spark plug. It was running rough and I was told to change the wires and plugs. Hope this works.

Reply to
tom

Yeah, actually, check out any Haynes or Chiltons for the firing order. On the 94 it was 1 4 2 5 3 6, but may be different for the later model.

Reply to
GMach3

They call that thing a coil pack. I knew it would come to mind.

Reply to
GMach3

In the future remove one wire at a time and put on one wire at a time. Some coil packs are marked on top woth the cyclinder numbers.

Reply to
Darryl12

with friends like that.....:)

try this: