97 Suspension Problem?

Almost 90,000 miles on it, for about a day the "check engine" light was on, eventually went off, I think it needed to be warmed up. Then the engine started to make bad clanking sounds. Later last night Im driving on the highway and the truck starts bouncing. You know how you could shake a car making it bounce from left to right? Well it was been doing that constantly even if I dont drive fast. You think I'll be fine for a few days driving till I can get it checked out. Any info on what may be goin' on or how much it may cost would be well appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
AndysExplorer

Given the symptoms you describe, that car is an accident looking for a place to happen....... I certainly wouldn't drive it until I had it checked out...

on, eventually went off, I think it needed to be warmed up. Then the engine started to make bad clanking sounds. Later last night Im driving on the highway and the truck starts bouncing. You know how you could shake a car making it bounce from left to right? Well it was been doing that constantly even if I dont drive fast. You think I'll be fine for a few days driving till I can get it checked out. Any info on what may be goin' on or how much it may cost would be well appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Jim Warman

eventually went off, I think it needed to be warmed up. Then the engine started to make bad clanking sounds. Later last night Im driving on the highway and the truck starts bouncing. You know how you could shake a car making it bounce from left to right? Well it was been doing that constantly even if I dont drive fast. You think I'll be fine for a few days driving till I can get it checked out. Any info on what may be goin' on or how much it may cost would be well appreciated. Thanks.

Sure, it might even cure itself, but I think a prayer request to Rev. Slim (with a $1000 donation) will certainly help.

Seriously, this sounds like you'd better have your life insurance paid up. You have a serious problem that's affecting the handling, and it's getting worse. The engine is crying from pain. Will it last a few days? If it doesn't, will you survive?

Reply to
Bill Funk

Hey, Bill..... your TV remote stuck on the Vision Network???

I was thinking of sending that other guy (the one with the little sachets of holy healing water) enough money for enough holy healing water to fill the washers..... that way, I can bless the car every time it acts up by simply pushing a button. Imagine, the ability to exorcise a flat tire instead of changing it 8^)

Jim Warman

Now THERE'S an idea!

Rev. Slim is a made-up character we use in presentations in our User Group when people ask if an obviously defective component in a computer should be relpaced. "Heck no! Send a prayer request (and $1000 check) to Rev. Slim, and that monitor will heal right up!"

Reply to
Bill Funk