99 Explorer headlights always on.

I have a 99 Ford Explorer. When I started the vehicle last night I noticed that the lights turned on automatically. As I backed out of the driveway the car suddenly died. It took several minutes for it to start again. Now, the lights stay on as long as the vehicle is on but the vehicle starts just fine everytime. Anyone have a remedy for this?

Reply to
empyre03