GMC Sierra wiring driving lights always on

Could you explain that a bit more? What year Sierra?. With late models, the Driving lights always come on except when dark and then the headlights and tail lights come on. With some GM vehicles you have to push a button to turn them off.

Reply to
HRL

Has anyone wired their GMC so their driving lights come on automatically when the headlights come on? It's irritating having to push the button every time.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Smith

Sorry for the confusion.

First, it's a 2004 GMC Sierra. Next, I'm not sure of the exact name for the lights but I believe there are 3 sets: the headlights (including high beam), the day-time running lights, and the driving lights (or what some people call fog lights, although they're not truly fog lights). To be more exact, what I refer to as the driving lights are the lowest set of lights, attached to the lower fairing.

To turn these "driving" lights on, you must push a button to enable them after the headlights come on. What's irritating is that you must push this button every time you start the vehicle.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Smith

You should be able to put a jumper from the "85" pin of your low beam headlight relay to the "85" pin of your driving light relay. That way when ever the low beam relay is engaged it will engage the driving light relay.

Reply to
James Del Mul

The lights that come on when you start are what GM calls the daylight running lights and are the only ones that go on and off automatically.

The lamps you are turning on are what GM calls Fog lamps. I have a 2004 2500HD Sierra. I have not tried the Fog lamps but it looks to me like, unless you use the rotary switch to turn them off, the driving lamps will stay on as well.

The manual says the parking lamps and/or low-beam headlamps must be on for fog lamps to work.

Reply to
HRL

Roger that on the daylight running lights, but the headlights come on automatically, as well (at night that is). You see your last sentence? I read the same thing in my owner's manual, which is my problem. Is there a way for the "fog" lights to come on automatically with the headlights (at night time). Right now, you must depress the "fog" light switch every time the vehicle is turned on.

Reply to
Joe Smith

Thanks. I'll try that.

Reply to