99 Ranger and front brake growl

Bought a used 99 Ranger 4.0 kingcab 4x4 a few months ago, got a great deal on it ($8,500) but the catch was is that it had 100,000 miles on it; front brakes were shot including front and back shocks.

I replaced the shocks and front brake pads including rotors and everything was fine, now over the last couple months I have noticed a lot of brake dust on the front wheels but most of all I have noticed a terrible growl when the brakes are applied which is coming from the front left wheel; the sound is deep and reverberates and is very noticeable from inside and out of the truck.

Took the wheel off while back and checked the pads and rotor, used emery cloth on the rotor and the problem didn't come back until the last week or so, one thing I have noticed is that it only happens after I have braked a couple times and my logic dictates that the braking noise occurs after the rotor and pads warm up (95% of my driving is in town with stop and go driving. I am leading to believe it's either a bad rotor or pads as there was never a issue with the old rotors/pads even despite they were very worn and grooved.

Any other ideas or am I on track here?

Reply to
The Wes'ter