ABS Problems on '93 Sport 4X4

Greetings all. Just got back home (WA) after 4 months at sea and suddenly my ABS light stays on. Stomped on brakes to verify not working. Definitely not working as all four locked up. Fluid is fine, brakes have less than 10k miles and work great (Normal power assist mode). Fuses are good, relays swapped, and all electrical connections fore and aft seem to be fine. Pulled RABS sensor from rear axel housing, cleaned and re-installed. I realise that I will now need to have ABS diagnostic testing done and my question is directed to anyone with experience in this area. Is this usually pretty expensive and is there generally one or several components for this year that go first? I would imagine most expensive component to be the control module. Any ideas and general pricing info would be greatly appreciated before I surrender the best vehicle I've ever owned to the dealer or brake shop. Thanks. Steve

Reply to
Steve Reynolds

you need to get a self test done one of the se nsors may be faulty

Reply to
rowdy-2