Jaguar ABS light on

I hope this isn't going to be expensive but my gf's ABS light came on, she's not a fast driver but she does like the Jaguar and given it's an 1990 model

3.2 it's not exactly worth a huge amount, I'm guessing less than the cost of a new pump or ECU. The brakes still work fine, no problems, but the ABS light is on all the time.

I've checked the wiring and all the usual stuff like fluid level etc. Any suggestions ?

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Rushing7

Could be the sensors.

Reply to
Conor

It's usually a sensor that fails. If you have access to a scope or a decent DVM that reads AC, you should be able to compare the outputs by spinning the wheel and deduce the faulty one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Usually a dirty sensor or maybe a mucky connector. A Haynes manual will tell you how to remove the sensors and you can then clean them up, check the connectors while you are at it.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Many thanks, 3 posts all with the same suggestions is usually good news ! Thanks to all 3. mutimeter on the wheels tomorrow :-)

Reply to
Rushing7