ACR Performance Chip

I am almost ashamed to ask this question.....wait, my neighbor just came over for a visit and wanted me to ask this group if any of you had heard of the ACR Performance Chip, seems as tho' good ol Bubba was drooling over some of the many bargans found on eBay and came across an ad from ACR Performance about their Stage 12 chip. It is GUARANTEED to add 60 HP and 20+ MPG. I just looked at Bubba and shook my head and said "Bubba, if it sounds too good to be true, it prolly is". He said "Aw, come on Steve, please ask those nice folks on the newsgroup and see what they say". BTW, Steve and Bubba have the same make and model of vehicle. Steve and Bubba

Reply to
Esteban

Let me get this straight. Someone has offered to sell you something that you definitely know will not work, does not have a chance of working and you want us to tell you that you are being ripped off by this individual!

I can not guarantee that such a chip does not exist. As a physicist I would like to see perpetual motion machines etc. But I will guarantee that if such a performance enhancing chip did exist you would not have to look hard to find it.

Do not waste your time or effort.

Reply to
Art McClinton

Art, thanks for the response. Check the link, it's advertised on the internet...it must be true. AND, it's less that Ten bucks. Steve, on behalf of Bubba

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-1997-2008-1998-NEW_eBay%20performacne%20chip.htm

Reply to
Esteban

You did notice that the link points to the desktop on your computer, right?

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-1997-2008-1998-NEW_eBay%20performacne%20chip.htm

Reply to
Jim Warman

I had no idea, thanks for letting me know. Steve

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-1997-2008-1998-NEW_eBay%20performacne%20chip.htm

Reply to
Esteban

If you look at the person's feedback, you will see that the item he is selling is not a chip, it's a wire. The wire is used to jump your air intake sensor.

Jarrod

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-1997-2008-1998-NEW_eBay%20performacne%20chip.htm

Reply to
Jarrod Smith

file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/PERFORMANCE-CHIP-MERCURY-MOUNTAINEER-1997-2008-1998-NEW_eBay%20performacne%20chip.htm

Hey folks, I would like to apologize for starting this thread. It was intended to be toung-in-cheek, after I clicked the send button I realized none of you knew my personality, nor could any of you see the expression on my face. It didn't come across as I had planned. Please accept my apology, Steve

Reply to
Esteban