Alarm will not stop - help

Hi, sorry if my 'lingo' is not too accurate - I am new to this.

I have a 95 explorer XLT - runs great no issues. One day the remote clicker stopped working, I changed the batteries and when that did not solve the problem, I bought a new remote clicker.

I could not get the new clicker programmed (by switching the ignition form off to run five times), the doors with lock/unlock, but the clicker would not "take"

I thought of checking for loose wires at the alarm box (over the left rear tier well), I unplugged the wires out of the box, but when I plugged them back, the alarm came on and no matter what I do, I can't get it to stop.

At the box there are two sets of wires (one on top of the other), if I plug in the lower set, a relay under the driver's side dash starts buzzing (very faint buzz). Now both plugs are out and I can't use the keyless entry pad either.

Is there a fix? Did I damage anything? Is it a relay issue?

Can anyone help - please.

Reply to
sam