Altoidman

Good Observation But You were Just Lucky!!!!!!!! The reason being I have a friend that is a machanic and he got the wireing diagram and there is no computer module for the door pad. It is taped on when the car is sold new and then ripped of once sold. The Motorola thing you saw is the 4X4 module to put the truck in 4 wheel drive. I am glad it worked for you but it was just luck!!!!! To all those wondering the only way to get the code is to go TO A DEALER AND HAVE THEM READ IT FROM THE CENTRAL COMPUTER. THis is to protect it from being found and to prove to ford you are the owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Brinetguy

Whats this guy talking about, the electronic keycode?

Searcher

Reply to
Searcher

Ummmm ... those voices in your head getting to you???

Let's look at some concerns with your logic..... Factory installed keypads are indeed hardwired into the system. There are accessory keypads that glue on to the door and act like a remote fob. I'm not sure what "Motorola thing" you are referring to...... I don't think they make your choice of headwear -

Yes, the easy way to find the factory keypad sequence is with a capable scan tool.... in many (if not most) cases, there are other means for those willing to spend the time and/or effort.

When keypads were first introduced, the factory door code was "hidden" in a visible place.

FWIW... our scan tools and the subscription for software updates are expensive to the extreme. To offset this high cost, there is, at our store, a "menu" price. As soon as those connectors meet, it's like flipping the flag on a taxi. Some will see this as bad since the guy at AZ will read your codes for free and start selling you parts. Others will see this as good since decent techs (those with open minds and the smarts to avoid words like "always" and "never"") an decide whether a code is "causal" or "symptomatic" in nature.

Reply to
Jim Warman