Axle Wrap Shock

How can I determine if I have an axle wrap (lateral) shock on my 99 Ford Explorer 4x4 V6?

Reply to
the_merlin

I noticed mine just about a week ago while sliding under the vehicle to retrieve a ball. Just slide under the rear and start looking up around the rear axle. BTW, mine is also a 99 XLT 4x4 V6

Mark

Reply to
Mark Sparge

It should be on the passengers side, just ahead of the rear axle ( more or less under the back seat).

Reply to
Mikepier

If your diff has 3 shocks, it has 1

Reply to