Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

97 Ford Explorer Control Trak
I have a 97 Explorer XLT... I had Ford replace the engine and transfer case, both junk yard parts and now I can't get it to stay out of 4 wheel auto. It hops when I turn corners and sometimes stops...
11
11

'97 Explorer front end "clunk" while accelerating
I just got my '97 AWD V8 back from Ford after they replaced the rear main seal (ouch). Maybe in my head, but something wasn't right with it since I got it back. Today, I was pulling away from a...
5
5

98 Explorer lowering kit installation
Can anyone recommend a shop in SF Bay Area where I can get my 98 Explorer lowered? I found a place that sells the parts but they don't do install. Thanks
1
1

slight rattle on cold start for 2002 Ford Explorer
Ford Explorer 2002 XLT, 95k km on it. After a cold start, when accelerating between 20-50km/hr I get an intermittent rattle coming from underneath the front of the truck...its fairly quiet but...
8
8

Customer Satisfaction Program 04B22
Has anyone had the Ford dealer add the "magic" ingedient to there transmission? Did it make any difference in the shifting? Ed
17
17

Long term storage (3 months or more)
I'm about to store my 2000 Explorer for 3 or more months. I know I need to disconnect the batter, and add stabilizer to the fuel. I have some more questions. 1. Is there an oil additive to help...
6
6

Transfer case chain wear ?
I'm going to be pulling both front and rear driveshafts out of my 97 5.0L AWD X to get balanced and was wondering how I could determine if the AWD Transfer Case Chain was worn. The X has 120k miles....

Trouble Code P0420
My scanner says "System efficiency below threshold" my Chiltons book says "catalyst efficiency monitor and/or exhaust system fault" for that code. Could it be the Oxygen Sensor? I have 70K on this one...
5
5

U-Haul
Is U-Haul still refusing to rent trailers to be towed by Ford Explorers? Are there any places that will? Anyone have some Mercury Mountaineer badges I can replace the Ford Explorer badges with?...
21
21

2002 Explorer front end grinding
Sounds like it might be a CV joint going bad. There are other things it could be, though, and short of actually getting your hands (or someone else's hands) dirty, we're only speculating. But the fact...
10
10

Explorer check gage light and oil pressure not reading
Hey everyone, My 99 Ford Explorer with 81,000 miles has a problem. When from a cold start, my check gage light may come on and no oil pressure shows. Than the oil pressure needle bounces a couple...
3
3

98 4.0 EFI Rough Idle
I have a 98 ford explorer 4.0 EFI Its not a SOHC. My check engine light came on the other day, the next morning I noticed a rough idle. it seemed to clear up after the engine warmed up. I disconnected...
5
5

loud whaling/whining noise at startup
Howdy, I have a 1995 Explorer XLT v6. Yesterday the temperature dropped into the low 60's (it's been above 85 until yesterday) and after work, when I started my Explorer, I heard a loud (and I mean...
3
3

Odometer on 1995 Explorer is stuck...
Does anyone know how to fix / or have any suggestions on how to fix an odometer on a 1995 Ford explorer XLT. It stuck at around 118,500 miles, I've driven around 3,000 miles and the odometer is now at...
7
7

EVR circuit failure (Code 558) and EGR valve opening not detected (Code 332)
'94 Explorer 4.0 180k Miles. I've been fighting low mileage (15-16 highway now, 20-21 three months ago)and Code 332 (EGR valve opening not detected) problems for a while now and they are driving me...

Reset theft light.
"98 Ex Sport, 4.0 SOHC. Truck won't start. The theft light flashes really fast. How do I reset it? Thanx in advance.
2
2

94 Explorer Sport Cruise Control Not working
My cruise control isn't working. Not sure where to begin to check to see what the problem is. Cruise control is mounted in the steering wheel itself. Can't find any information on it in my Haynes...

Sport Trac decals
Greetings fellow Explorer owners... Ran across the following website while looking for ways to personalize my ST's appearance. Has anyone used this company before? Regards...

speedometer cable noise?
'97 Explorer XLT V6 SOHC (130+k) There has been a periodic sqeaking noise coming from the driver's side dash board area for the past several years. The noise is tied to the speed of the car and tends...
1
1

97 Explorer Door Lock Stuck Unlocked (not appear frozen actuator)
Looking for help so I don't have to reinvent the wheel. Problem: Passenger Front Door will not lock, period. (1) Keyless remote will not lock it. (2) Armrest button will not lock it. (3) Manual key...
1
1