Best Rated threads in Ford Explorer Forumshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

92 Explorer Eddie Bauer- Simultaneous turn signal, brake lights and cruise contr
Last week, my wife called me at work saying she couldn't get anything to work and I came home to find the battery cables a little loose. I cleaned them and retightened them. They weren't corroded,...
2
2

1997 for explorer power steering pulsates when turning wheel
Wheels turns freely with motor off and weight off front suspension. With the motor running the front suspension and wheels pulsate when turned either direction. All tires are just balanced and...

97 Explorer 5.0L V8 failed the emission test
I went in for my emission test and was surprised I failed. The car drives fines and there wasn't any trouble light on. The results showed HC and CO is fine, but NOx exceeded the limits by about 25%....
1
1

PO 455 on 1998 Explorer
Hi, I have a 1998 sport sohc 4.0 that has 126000 miles on it. The error code is PO 455. The read out on the reader says " PO 455, evaporative emission ctrl. sys leak detected. ( gross Leak ). I...

MPG Reading in Message Center
I have a 2004 Explorer Limited (40K miles) with the V8 and AWD. Yesterday while driving my MPG readout in my message center started to change. It was reading a constant 17.2 mpg (I actually got 18.3...
2
2

Service memos
My dealership is claiming that there is a brand new memo that came out stating that remote starters kill the battery for in 2006-2007 Explorers. Is there anywhere I can find this information on Ford's...
12
12

Dragging parking Brake like noise -2005 Explorer
I just replaced the rear disc brakes, rotor and parking brakes in my 2005 Ford Explorer. The rear parking brake is the hat style which the parking brake is within the rotor for the disc brake. The...
2
2

'97 Explorer 4.0 SOHC - Hard start in cold
My '97 Explorer has developed a starting issue in cold weather. I turn the key and it starts immediately, runs for a second or two and shuts off. I have to repeat the process numerous times before it...
4
4

V6 Magnaflow vs Flowmaster
i'm considering a dual/dual muffler for my 2000 explorer sport with 4.0 SOHC V6. i've heard arguments on both sides with no definite numbers to back up either. I can't find any good numbers or...
2
2

2005 Explorer Flex Fuel??
I am considering buying a 2005 Explorer. How can I tell if it is a flex fuel vehicle? I see no badges on the car identifying it as such.
2
2

Front Drive Shaft '97 AWD 5.0L
I just removed the front drive shaft of my '97 Explorer, AWD, 5.0L and found that the cv joint at the transfer case was bad. I purchased a replacement, part #65-9452, from a local Napa store. I've...
2
2

1996 Ford Explorer XLT V8 AWD Heater Core...Easy or Hard?
The heater core is leaking on my 1996 Ford Explorer XLT V8 AWD. I can see and smell steam coming from the Vents. Has anyone replaced a heater core for this model? Is it easy or hard? I'm debating on...
2
2

Transfer case problem 1997 Explorer
My 1997 Ford Explore has been in the shop for 4 weeks now. I first noticed the problem when a loud banging noise occasionally came from under the car when pulling slight hills. My local Ford dealer...
5
5

Fuel Vapor Canister removed completely
The mechanics never found the problem and I got tired of breathing gas fumes so I removed the Fuel Vapor Canister from my 94 Explorer and connected the vapor line directly to the CANP line. ...so far,...
3
3

Grinding gear noise when braking to a stop
Have an excellent and well-loved Ford SUV Explorer from the 94's. One out of seven stops I will hear grinding gear sound and feel it through the brake pedal. Just a second or less because when the...
9
9

gear/shift indicator out of position
I'm not sure what happened, but the gear indicator on my instrument panel has gotten off by one position. Is this a common problem? All the gears work as they should so there isn't anything wrong with...
7
7

97 Ford explorer o2 sensors and misfire codes provided
Hi guys, Did an OBD 2 scan of my 97 Ford Explorer v8 5.0L. It came back with the following codes. PO304 ---------cylinder 4 misfire PO153 ----------O2 circuit slow response bank 2 sensor 1 PO133...

Strange Slurping Noise
Here's an odd one. 99 XLT with 4 wheel drive. After sitting through a really heavy rainstorm, started out and there is an odd slurping sound -- sounds like it's behind me somewhere on the left side of...
3
3

brake pads compromised?????
my brake line leaked brake fluid onto a brake pad over the course of a few days. Brake line is fixed, *but* should the pad always be questioned after coming in contact with brake fluid???? thanks! dan...
2
2

spark plugs
What is the correct Motorcraft spark plug for 2000 Limited 5.0 V8? I will probably use Motorcrafts; the originals have given me good service. Is it SP432 (Autozone shows this) or AWSF-32EE (owners...
3
3