Brakes After Pad Replacement

Hello,

I recently replaced the front brake pads on my 1999 Explorer. No difficulties were experienced. However, I find that when braking, there is a soft kind of crunching sound coming from around the pedal. It will do this even when the car is stopped and the brake pedal is pushed. The car stops fine and there is no change in brake fluid level. Could this sound have something to do with the antilock system? Is there additional work that needs to be done after simply replacing the pads?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Steve, snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net

Reply to
Stephen Saunders

I wonder if some gunk got stirred up in your master cylinder when you pushed the caliper pistons back in. You might try bleeding the hell out of the brakes.

Reply to
SkyOrDie