Remote Start

Is there any one out there that knows about the remote start add systems that are compatible with a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. If so Where can I find one that will work with my existing keyless entry/Theft system installed by ford. I am not looking for an expensive one but one that will work just the same as an expensive one if you know what I mean.

I am also trying to figure out if I have the Passlock system on my vehicle would any one know how to figure out which one would be on the vehicle. I , II or III. This might help me for ordering a remote start systems from JcWhitney. If someone can tell me or help me determine these issues I would be grateful.

Reply to
Krusty News Groups

Thank You for that info it helps.

Reply to
Krusty News Groups

Anyone have any good web sites where I can find a good and compatible remote start for a 1996 Ford Explorer Sport. I am finding conflicts and companies that can not tell me what will work and what will not work with the factory keyless entry / theft option installed in the vehicle.

Thanks

Reply to
Krusty News Groups

Could you email me a pic of your key? Since PATS was released in 1995 you may have it.Do you have a big black head on your key? Passlock is only on GM's....so you don't have to worry about that :) Are you looking for a remote starter to work off your factory remotes or do you want one with new remotes??If you wanna use your factory remote all you need to do is make sure the remote start you buy has an Activation Input wire on it.As for brands we only use DEI products in my shop (Viper,Clifford,Avital,Hornet)

Any questions feel free to ask

Mark S Owner SoundsExtreme

Reply to
Mark S.

I sent the pictures by email to you. Thank you.

Reply to
Krusty News Groups