Can someone please run a carfax for me?

Hello, I am wondering if anyone out there can run a vin check for me. I think the prices are rediculous to just check out one car. Some places charge $30 for one car and like $35 for unlimited.

I would be very greatful if there was someone who happened to have an account and run it for me.

Here is the vin of the car 1994 Ford Explorer. 1FMDU34XXRUD23388.

Reply to
shawnnerz

Carfax.com charges $25 for unlimited access in 30 days. That's about half a tankful of gas, and you can check as many vehicles as you care for in a month. If you can't afford that, you probably can't afford to drive that Explorer, not to mention buying or maintaining it.

Reply to
Happy Traveler

Well said..... How many times do we see "free" being a requirement for anything in this (and other) NGs.... "e-mail me..."...... "free to download...." ..... "free diagnostics...."

There are many of us here that get the "warm and fuzzies" from helping someone with a less than ideal financial situation fix a concern.... While I have full access to manuals and such, I cannot "cut and paste" exerpts from these... mostly because this stuff is copyrighted and violating copyright would call my integrity in to question.... secondly because one of the terms of my employment requires that I observe this....

Whoops!!!! Did I say INTEGRITY????

Reply to
Jim Warman

I can afford it but I'd rather not pay $25 to check out that 1 car, I have seen people on here that have asked for the same thing, and their request was granted

Reply to
shawnnerz

Once again, I was curous to see if anyone had a carfax account that would search this 1 car for me. Would you pay $25 to check out 1 car if your (brother/friend/etc) had an account? I was not requesting tis info from anyone who works at a dealership or anything, just someone who had an account and that wouldnt mind getting more use from their "unlimited account"

Reply to
shawnnerz

Who are you buying from? Any dealer I have gone to would pull the Carfax record. If it is a private party, I would propose this. The seller gets the Carfax report. If it is clean, you will pay for it and presumably buy the car. If it indicates a problem that is a show stopper, the seller eats the cost. If the seller declines that offer, walk away. He knows something he doesn't want you to know.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

Thank you very much Charlie, I did not know that you could ask the dealership this information. I will ask for this information and back it up with the information that I currently know (IE: recalls and how many records were found by the carfax free report).

Reply to
shawnnerz

I agree. If it's a dealer they should supply the CarFax. If it's a private party they should supply the CarFax. If not, walk away.

Reply to
Ulysses

As an alternative, most insurance companies have the ability to look at past claims made on a vehicle (based on the VIN).

I know this because my insurance company called me to ask if I was aware the Probe I was buying my wife had a $4,800 claim made against it (presumably for collision damage). This was not a fact made known to me by the dealer at the time.

Best of Luck. Marc

Reply to
Marc