Carfax request please- 1990 Volvo 740

Hello all, I am contemplating the purchase of a 1990 Volvo 740 with

155k miles on the clock but appears to be in good shape. I would be greatful if any of you with CarFax accts would be so kind as to run the VIN for me and e-mail the results to me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com or post it here to the group. VIN # is YV1FA8842L1476398 The dealer is asking 2000 for the car. Is this a decent price for this car? There is no maintenance record for the vehicle so what maintenance items should I focus on upon purchase? Thanks for all you help and I look forward to chatting with you all in the future.

Chris

Reply to
JC

I can't get you a Carfax, but I did just buy a 740 GL '91 2.0 Auto , 12 months MOT, 2 Months tax, 75,000 Volvo serviced miles on the clock for £500. The car is minted and the first 240/740 estate I've had where the tailgate lock actually works, using the tailgate keyhole. !!!

Reply to
Stuart Gray

If you're in the UK, I'd sell you mine for half that! 1990 740GLE Auto Estate, Leather, Full Electrics, Full service history, excellent condition. Asking £1000... it's running perfectly! I reckon for the car they're asking way too much!

Mark

Reply to
Mark Seeley