Check engine light

I posted here several months ago about check engine light in my 1996 Ford Explorer coming on (61,000 miles). Finally found the problem.

1st time light came on -Ford Dealer changed all spark plugs. 2nd time -Ford Dealer changed one spark plug. 3rd time -Ford Dealer reset the computer. 4th time -Ford Dealer changed one spark plug. 5th time -Ford Dealer changed thermostat & radiator cap. 6th time -Ford Dealer changed OS sensor. 7th time -Ford Dealer said head gasket was blown.

Took it to a different Ford dealer & they said head gasket was blown. Left it to be repaired. When they took it apart the heads on both sides were cracked. I bought this vehicle new and babied it all its life.

Contacted Ford Motor Company & they said since it was out of warranty & there are no recalls for that problem there is nothing they can do. I think the heads were defective when the SUV was built or the dealer that I purchased it from created the problem by not finding the cause of the check engine light coming on to begin with.

Reply to
MsLiz

Hmm... looking throught the codes available from the computer..... I don't see "cracked head" anywhere !

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

What engine?

Reply to