Cruise n/w after removing master cyl switch

I don't know if this was brought up before, but when I removed the wiring to the hazardous cruise disconnect switch on the master cylinder, my cruise no longer works. I thought someone said that the cruise would still work, but I would have to press the off switch to disengage it. I normally do not use the cruise. I was just curious and tested it out.

Reply to
Mikepier

Your correct. Thats what that individual said. But thats not the way its suppose to work. Your observation is what is suppose to happen I believe. That switch is normally closed and provides power to the speed control. When you press the brake or disconnect the switch, thus opening the circuit, the cruise should cease to function. I've got a 2002 and my brake switch is only powered with the ignition switch on. I'm leaving it connected and am going to quit being concerned about it.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

If you unplug that switch in the master cylinder and just short out the harness side connector terminals, then the cruise module will get power all the time. To disengage cruise, you'd step on the brake pedal, and if that doesn't disengage it (failsafe mode), then press the OFF button on the stg wheel. And if THAT doesn't work... better shut off the ignition !!!

Reply to
BDS