Explorer Belt Noise

I have a 1998 Ford Explorer. When the engine is idling, the engine area eventually starts to produce a load droning sound, perhaps from a belt. It has seemed to have started up since the weather started getting warmer (central florida). I have had this in the past. I mentioned it to the dealer a year or so back and they said the serpentine belt needed replacing, which they did. I took a trip immediately thereafter, and it continued to make the noise for a while, but it may have subsided as the weather changed to cooler months. Does anyone have an idea what this is? Do I need to replace the belt tensioner? Thanks, Roger

Reply to
RogBaker

Check the belt tensioned. They tend to go bad. Rather easy DIY project.

Reply to
zoti

Could it be the clutch fan?????? df

Reply to