Explorer Hood Shocks

Can someone tell me where I can buy new or used hood shocks for a 95 Ford Explorer?

HD

Reply to
Harley D.

Check your local parts store (Autozone, etc). They'll have them. I didn't realize that when I bought the ones for my hood OEM. I waited to replace the rear door shocks because they were around $70 from the dealer, iirc. When I found out you can get them elsewhere, I bought them at Kragen for about $35/pair.

Reply to
Ratbert

From Richard:

I bought mine at AutoZone. They were about $39.99 pair and very easy to put on. BTW have a helper to hold the hood for you, it makes it a lot easier

/Richard

Reply to
Debbie Grimes

I think the "helper" I've used most is an old broom handle...

dr bob

Reply to
dr bob

Thanks dr bob.

Reply to
Harley D.

I went to through two sets that came from Autozone. The plastice socket portion kept breaking after about a week. Went and got the ford ones (only about $10 more) and no problems.

Reply to
Brett Moran

portion kept breaking after

Yep.. I'm on my third one in two months from them. Did they refund your money?

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff

Mine came with a Lifetime Warranty. They haven't broken yet.

Reply to
Ratbert

Yeah, mine too. I've had to replace one of them twice now, in two months. Same problem as Brett, the plastic end breaks. I was just wondering if AutoZone had given Brett his money back when he gave up on their brand and got the FoMoCo ones instead. I have better things to do than go by the store every 2-3 weeks to exchange a bad gas lift for a new one.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Goff