Faulty front door lock actuator removal 98 Explorer

Hi, Please can you tell me how I test the actuator, as mine isn't working, also if I need to replace it, how do I get it out, there are no visible screws/bolts, and what is the little black&silver round thing that seems to be connected to it, any advice / pics or photo's would be appreciated. thanks snipped-for-privacy@fircroft.net

Reply to
bryan

Usually those actuators are riveted in to the side of the door, or perhaps in the door panel. You have to drill out the rivets to remove it. Then use regular nuts and bolts to put in the new one. I'm not sure what you mean about the black and silver thing. That might be the actual motor for the actuator. To test the actuator, remove the electrical connector and put a voltmeter ,or 12v test light on it and hit the door lock switch. If you are gettting voltage, then the actuator is bad.

Reply to
Mikepier