rear door lock actuator 02 Taurus

I need to replace the actuator for the left rear door lock. Got the panel off, external screws out, but, while I can get my hand on the mechanism, can't figure out how to get the thing out. If anyone can tell me how, I would appreciate it. Tom in NY

Reply to
Pat/Tom

I'm guessin but....Look for a large rivet on the end of the door, Or somewhere else on the door. You can use a large screw to re-install it.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Is it the same as a 99? (as new as Autozone shows) Second pic from the bottom...

The nut holds the bracket to the door. The actuator pivots on little rubber bushings in the forked "arms" of the bracket.

Reply to
MasterBlaster