FI cleaner every 3k miles?

I just bought some gumout high mileage FI cleaner yesterday, and noticed it said I should use it about every 3k miles. Should I actaully use it this often or are they just trying to get me to buy their product more often?

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Walker

period,let alone

It's called "preventive" maintenance. It's like brushing your teeth twice a day instead of waiting for a cavity which then needs to be fixed.

Reply to
SkyOrDie

Seems to me if it had to be used every 3k miles it is not very effective. Stay with reputable fuel that has cleaners added and you should have no problems.

I might use the stuff once a year or so. This all presumes that there are no symptoms that you are trying to eliminate.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress