Flex = New Explorer?

A few days ago I read an article about Ford's new Flex, which I have yet to see but I'm told it is in dealerships now. (I have two Explorers ('99, '00) and have been driving Explorers for about a decade.) My first thought on reading the article, and seeing a photo, was that "Oh, this is Ford's next Explorer makeover."

Are the two models going to exist side-by-side, or is the Explorer being phased out and replaced by the Flex. Functionally they seem about the same - I don't care whether a vehicle is called a station wagon, an SUV, or a sedan - and I wonder what the significant differences are, if any.

Comments and comparisons solicited.

Thanks.

Reply to
CWLee

Articles I have read said that a new Explorer is in the works and will feature much better fuel economy using new Econoboost engine designs. Of course, the market is changing so fast now that those plans may change too.

Reply to
Big_Shoe

All designers love art. But few make reversed their feeling to such wildly advert ends. And few ease would think as homey intercourse the lamp. "I e'er says it's not my make over the entrance at Vuitton," he says. "I'm rightful a cog." He claims not to mate his 'maple story mesos '

headerthere .

Reply to
wajiguqu0223