ford explorer suspesion squeak

after driving through some high water the next day my explorer began squeaking around the front end, i havent been able to find any zerk or grease fittings any body have any ideas? thanks in advance mark miller

Reply to
julie byrd

sounds like factory ball joints w/ torn boot . or worn shocks.

Reply to
Dread

or dirt washed into sway bar bushings or something caught in suspension bushings (depending on what year = depends on what style)....

Reply to
Jim Warman

Reply to
Bill Hall

What lubricant would you recommend? I am probably the poster that suggested WD-40. I suggested it because I used it on the sway bar bushings on my '98 and it solved the problem, didn't come back for almost a year. I haven't noticed any deteriation of the bushing since then either.

Ken

Bill Hall wrote:

Reply to
Kenneth J. Harris