Ford Taurus Starting Problem

1990 6 cylinder, turns over strong but won't start, had this problem periodically before but it would usually start but die after a few
minutes of idling, would have to let it sit for awhile and go through the routine again but after a few times of starting idling and dieing it would run run just fine for the rest of the day, then go through the same drill the next day...have noticed water drippings out of the exhaust whenever I can get it to stay running...don't think the distributor cap is the problem because I've changed that before and still had the same problem. As indicated, it now won't start at all whereas before the tempormental beast would eventually give in and start. Any ideas as to the problem and possible solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You need to so a little basic troubleshooting. Does it have fuel pressure and spark? Water dripping out the exhaust is condensation and is normal.
Keke Goldfeller wrote:

check the ignition module..

You did push the fuel pump reset button - right?
Ed
Keke Goldfeller wrote:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Yes that is the first thing I thought about also...I can hear the whine of it turning on when I turn the key...in answer to a few other posters questions...yes the fuel pressure is fine...no idiot lights flash when the car is running so wouldn't that preclude anything being wrong with the electronics? Regarding the ignition module...if that was the problem why would the car start and run then abruptly die after idleing a few minutes?...then turn over strong on the attempt to restart it but won't fire up...like it is flooded but no gas odor present? Wouldn't it just not start period? Just asking because I don't know much about mechanical...dread taking it into the local Ford dealer because they are crooks who've fleeced me (and everyone else who walks through their door)before...Thanks again for everyone's input. KG
Keke Goldfeller wrote:

Sure sounds electrical to me. Bad cam or crank position sensor, bad engine control module, that kind of thing.