Fuel Reset?

Today I was riding as a front passenger in our 2003 Mountaineer. I noticed about ankle level there is a groove in the plastic kick panel that says "Fuel Reset" or something like that. What the heck is it?

Reply to
D.D. Palmer

This is the inertia switch. In the event of a collision, the inertia switch will "trigger" and shut down the fuel pump to prevent any possibility of feeding fuel through a severed fuel line. There should be an explanation in the owners manual.

Unfortunately, other events can trigger this switch. Any "cranks - no start" diagnostics should include checking this switch early in the process.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks!

Reply to