Have I chosen a bad dealership?

I posted a while ago about a rough idle problem. I took it into the dealership. They recommended, being almost at 49,500 miles, to do a complete fuel system service (including de-carbing and fuel injector flush). So, I had that done, as well as having my fuel filter changed and oil changed.

Dealer said that the fuel flush should fix that idle problem.

Got it back at the end of the day. Still has a noticeable shake. Although, acceleration has improved, I'm happy about that.

I parked in my driveway, and thought I'd rev the engine. Got up to ALMOST

5000 RPM's, and then the engine was DRAMATICALLY shaking the entire vehicle, as the rpm's would quickly lower to 4000rpm and climb back up, only to shake again and drop back down and climb back up (see a pattern?) so I stopped. It's not done this before. I'm going to take it back as soon as I can. WHAT could they have done????

Also, I see on my invoice something that would have been nice if they told me about. Says my right rear axle seal is leaking, part of their 27-point inspection. But, it says nothing about repairing it... when I gave them my extended warranty information.

Maybe I have just chosen a bad dealership?

Reply to
Tim

Parked in the driveway, you're gonna rev the engine to 5000 rpm???? The rev limiter is gonna shake the piss out of your car and you should shake the piss out of your head. WTF are you thinking of - other than early engine death??

As for the rear axle seal..... miscommunication - oversight -who knows..... as a consumer, it behooves you to read the invoice before signing off/paying.....

There's not (in all honesty) enough information to form an opinion about your dealership....... sounds like both customer and service provider need to form a closer working relationship.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I too had a rough idle problem, it turned out to be a faulty throttle body.

Searcher 1

Reply to
Searcher