help with heat 92 explorer cold in ny

Here is the deal, the heater blower motor was on its way out, and it finally went and you could smell this awful stink like the motor burned up, So today I replaced the motor and made sure all the wires were tight and connected properly, I checked the fuses, but the motor doesn`t power up, (will not blow air) It is possible that I got a bad blower motor but what else could it be, any help would be the best help, thanks.....Larry

Reply to
season

Sorry, Larry... you drove the heater to destruction and that horrible stink was possibly the smell of money down the pipe. First check is to be sure you have good power and ground at the motor. Some logical troubleshooting with a test light is required - remember that the blower speed switch and resistor pack are "downstream" (on the ground side) in the circuit.

I don't know exacty what Larrys problem could be, but let this be a lesson..... there is neither economy nor sagicity in waiting for a catastrophic failure before we fix our rides.

finally went and you could smell this awful stink like the motor burned up, So today I replaced the motor and made sure all the wires were tight and connected properly, I checked the fuses, but the motor doesn`t power up, (will not blow air) It is possible that I got a bad blower motor but what else could it be, any help would be the best help, thanks.....Larry

Reply to
Jim Warman

That's not what this preacher on TV said... He said I could send him a paryer request (and $1000) and he would pray for my car, and it would be healed! Are you calling Rev. Slim a liar??!!

Reply to
Bill Funk