how to tap into 93's wires for trailer lights

I need to tow a trailer, so I need to hook the trailer's lights into the wiring harness. Any advice before I go cutting this and that?

Carl K

Reply to
Carl Karsten

I found the owners manual, and it mentions tow lighting stuff, but the only evidence I have found on the vehicle is the 20A fuse in the power distribution block. So it looks like it is wired for it, but I can't find the wires.

Carl K

Reply to
Carl Karsten

Ditto for the location of the connector on my '93 XLT. I think you may have to buy the "pigtail" adaptor from the dealer though.

LCC

Reply to
LCC

If the harness isn't in the jack compartment you could try a junkyard rather than a dealer.

Mike

Reply to
Mike