installing new shocks

Just brought 4 monroe reflex shocks and I plan on putting them on this weekend. I have read in previous post about the stud on the radius arm breaking off during installation of new shocks. Does anyone have any tips on how I can avoid this from happening? Does is break taking off or putting on?

BTW, monroe has a buy 3 shocks get 4th one free, ends on 10/31, so hurry.

Reply to
crash

snipped-for-privacy@email.com (crash) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I have replaced shocks twice on my '96 and have yet to break anything. Also have replaced sway bars, bushings, etc. Not sure about these things breaking unless you're talking about a 1st gen explorer??

Reply to
Zam Karmen

I think the main reason people had the studs break was because they lived in a snow area and had a lot of rust. If you don't have a rust problem you should not have any problem with the stud. Most likely they broke while being taken off while they were trying to loosen the rusted on nut.

Reply to
AZGuy