It's Official: SUV Owners Are Stupid

Most likely he is now that he's the govenator. But he owns one or more full blown H1's.

Reply to
AZGuy

That's an old article so why post now? Working people can buy whatever they need and more power is better cause global warming is a scam. More power is actually better for pollution cause it pushes the gases harder into the macadim and out of the air. The eco-weenie small engines actually use much more gas on hills than my Ford V10.

Steve

Reply to
Ejucated Republicun

They may not be intelligent but there B.S. is on par with yours!

And your evidence of this is?

Reply to
Sauger

Funny I have one of those wannabe cops in the hood with the Crownvic w/spot light and the CB anntenas, he's a security guard, I just love passing him on the right at warp speed in my Mustang.

Reply to
Sauger

Only when I'm on the clock, and then it's usually a metallic gray Crown Vic (unmarked). And I love my Tahoe - all of these flag waving anti-SUV people can hate SUVs all they want. I'm trading this SUV for another one as soon as I wear it out or get tired of it. So THERE. MY dad can beat up YOUR dad. :-]

Reply to
swatcop

I have to make a confession. Light years ago when I was still a rookie, I had to take a law enforcement related class in north Jersey. I was told to drive one of our unmarked Caprices to and from class everyday. Needless to say one day I was running a little bit late and kinda' mashed the gas while driving north on the Garden State Parkway. Well, I passed a Trooper in the median running radar while I blasted past him at 90 (in a 55 mph zone). He looked at me and waved. Same thing happened about 10 miles up the road when I passed another one. It got me thinking - so the next week I went out and bought a used gray Caprice with a 350 engine. I immediately bought a spotlight and installed it, had a dual exhaust installed, and mounted some big blackwall Goodyear Eagle GT+4 tires and the obligatory "cop hubcaps." Throw in an antenna or two on the trunk, and POOF - instant unmarked police car. I NEVER got pulled over for ANYTHING in that car. Hell, I drove my girlfriend to Myrtle Beach from NJ in 1988 and never went under 85. I even had a North Carolina Trooper pull alongside me and give me the "eyeball." I never slowed down and he never pulled me over. Like I said, I was a rookie when I did this and wouldn't do it now, nor do I give my blessing to anyone who plans on doing this, but it sure saved me a lot of hassles in my younger days.

Reply to
swatcop

Hey - speaking of Ford V10s, did you happen to catch that new show called "Rides?" If not, check this out - Carrol Shelby is back together with Ford and they're going to produce another Shelby Cobra reminiscent of the late

60's ground pounder (not a Shelby Mustang, an actual Cobra). It looks similar to the original Shelby Cobra, but the 427 has been replaced with a tweaked out V10 and as tested does 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Just thought you might be interested.
Reply to
swatcop

WHOSE market research? Backed by the Sierra Club, probably.

I admit, however, that I bought my Vette when I was 24 for chicks. And it worked. I had one that I met while driving pull over and roll around on my hood. Also have had a couple of flashes. That's never happened in my Saturn :-)

So I'm wondering who is more vain, me, for getting what I wanted, or the chicks for being attracted to a guy with a vette.

Now, 11 years later, it's just fun to drive, and it seems my income impresses the chicks more than the car.

Women are soooo much more shallow and devious than us guys. At least we're up front and honest about what we want.

Reply to
Larry Bud

I'm sure that's when they're not taking limos and private jets to their house in the Hampton's. Get real.

Reply to
Larry Bud

And your data is backed up how?

How are these poor people getting approved for buying these cars?

There are a lot of rich salesmen out there.

No data of course to back up this ridiculous notion (Full disclosure, I do NOT own an SUV).

Reply to
Larry Bud

This says far more about your accepting of stereotyping than it does about anything about who owns SUVs.

Reply to
Bill Funk

If you commuted in SUVs to work alone, I would seriously doubt you were smart or liked to drive. Maybe rich and stupid or rich and vain. The smart, rich ones would buy a nice commute car and leave the SUV at home and use it for what they do best. I would call that SUV driver on par with the average sedan driver in IQ.

Reply to
S Narayan

I'm waiting to American Hotrod, by the same producers of American Chopper. Speaking of which, the new episode (season premier) of AC actually shows Paul Sr. working on a bike. The only other times I've seen him pick up a tool, he's thrown it!

Reply to
Bill Funk

Viewed this in another group:

Things new Florida drivers don't know

Walt Summers January 10 2004

As a recent transplant to South Florida, I've come to say often, "I didn't know that. Did you?"

All cars manufactured and sent directly to South Florida must not have turn signal levers on them. I didn't know that. Did you? Nobody uses them

Reply to
Tony Parks
< blather snipped >

Let's see, now:

Inflammatory subject line.... Anti-SUV tirade (my own opinion of SUV's not withstanding).... Excessive cross-posting.....

Is this the new incarnation of aunt MORON (Pride Of Diarrhea Connoisseurs Everywhere)?

-- Paul

Reply to
Paul

A friend sells cars. He laughs when he sells expensive cars to poor people, with an interest rate of 20% or higher. He knows he will be able to sell the car to someone else a few months later...

Reply to
DTJ

You are an idiot, you defend idiot SUV drivers, therefore you are an idiot.

Reply to
DTJ

(snip)

I just watched American Chopper - Paul Sr is building a POW/MIA bike. So far it looks good, and Pauls Sr is doing a lot of the work on it.

Reply to
swatcop

Things new Florida drivers don't know

Walt Summers January 10 2004

As a recent transplant to South Florida, I've come to say often, "I didn't know that. Did you?"

All cars manufactured and sent directly to South Florida must not have turn signal levers on them. I didn't know that. Did you? Nobody uses them -- not even the police -- so the lever has got to be gone.

  • Actually, I'm a cop in Florida transplanted from NJ and I use my turn signals. I try to set the example to my Floridian co-workers who as you stated don't know what turn signals are.

I'm a retired police sergeant with 36 years in a northern Virginia department that does use turn signals. All you have to do is "pull down" or "push up" the turn signal arm and arrows will blink and clicks or dings will be heard in the car. Try it. It's so much fun, it just might become a habit.

Now, while I admit I've driven on State Road 84 at a speed more than the posted 50 mph, I do that so I don't get run over. I'm usually passed by Florida drivers doing between Mach I and Mach II. But I'm told it's OK to do that if you're careful. I didn't know that. Did you?

Now if we add these two critical driving abilities together, I'm told we have a case of aggressive driving. I didn't know that. Did you? Apparently, these types of drivers don't know either or they wouldn't do this. Yeah, right!

  • Actually it's called "Careless Agressive" by statute.

Even more interesting is when traffic is heavy and I would make one more cardinal sin by letting a waiting driver get in front of me who has been stopped on a side street trying to merge into traffic. The person behind me is probably allowed to honk the horn at me, make a fist and shake it or just one finger, and mouth certain words that I don't have to hear to know what they were and for whom they are intended. I didn't know that. Did you?

And where are the police during all this? It appears that they are allowed to all bunch up at a convenience store sitting on the hood and fender of the police cruiser having a loud discussion. I didn't know that. Did you?

Anyway, if I was one of them, I wouldn't want to get in traffic and fool around with all those dangerous drivers I just described. Oops, but that's what they're supposed to do. I guess they don't have to do that in South Florida. I didn't know that. Did you?

  • Welcome to Florida - it's quite a culture shock to those of us who were properly instructed on how to drive a motor vehicle.
Reply to
swatcop

One thing I will say about these tree hugging girls, take em out hiking and they will drop their shorts and bend over a tree stump every time ;^)

Reply to
Sauger