It's Official: SUV Owners Are Stupid

Your opinion is tainted by the obvious fact that these are the types of people that you associate with. You should get out and see more of the world.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Brower

for a REALPeterbilt SUV. Didn't somebody post a drawing of one (actually kind offrightening) maybe 6 months back?

Reply to
The Real Bev

Ah... solid, well based logic...... thank God you wont ever have the chance to be President....

Reply to
Jim Warman

That's correct except I didn't "accuse" them. I just pointed out that what they said was their opinion since it lacked supporting data. Just as they offered an opinion with no supporting data I did the same and never claimed otherwise. Just like the other 99.999% of the posts in usenet.

Reply to
AZGuy

driving skills.

Why didn't the article mention anything about "horse and buggy" drivers? ;-)

Reply to
gordo

Now ya done it..... if I leave the SUV at home, then I'm driving to work in a pick up truck. At my age/height/girth, I need a stick of butter and a shoe horn to get into a "car-thing". She's a tad frosty outside for riding the scooter to work....

anyone here ever put a forward control kit on a Sporty??? having trouble with the shifter.....

Jim Warman

Mousetrap giving you fits, Jim?

Reply to
John R

I look forward to driving a SUV, face it, it helps protect you in case of an accident.

Reply to
MM_

The only thing that makes an SUV safer is the fact that you have a very real chance of hitting something with less kinetic energy..... there is nothing intrinsically safe about SUVs other than sheer mass.

Since you sound like a first time buyer, I'll offer up some words of wisdom..... "real" SUVs are generally based on a truck type platform.... they are heavier, they have a much higher centre of gravity and they are no where near as nimble as a car..... they can be unforgiving of your mistakes. In your exhuberance, I suggest you tread carefully.... one of these can bite you every bit as hard as a car can.

Jim Warman

That's probably true but it comes at the expense of the guy you crash into.

Reply to
Laura Bush murdered her boy friend

Shit happens.

Reply to
The Real Bev

On 8 Feb 2004 11:08:32 -0800, MLife snipped-for-privacy@msn.com (MM_)

I would think it would be cheaper to buy a conventional car and outfit it with extra safety features than to simply buy an SUV because "it helps protect you".

Ever notice how so many horrific looking crashes in auto races often result in the driver simply walking away?

Reply to
Mike Helm

The modifications necessary to get to that level of protection would cost more than the car. H

Reply to
Hairy

Flip side of the coin.... would they cost more than a life? Just a rhetorical question, mind you....

Reply to
Jim Warman

They only help peace of mind. I base this on total fact, most car crashes with SCV's end up much worse and because of there size and high center of gravity a accident that would normally be a small can be much worse. Because of their size once u hit a smaller car u will not stop like the car would and can keep moving hitting other things. Not only that but if the are tilted to the side even a little bit can can flip over on on their side. In bad weather they are the worst, cars get fender bender SUVs get in major accidents, be careful making turns in bad weather the AWD helps bit much less then people think. Good Luck with your new SCV and be careful.

Reply to
Joseph Fox

You guys fell into that hook line and sinker.

MLife is an old drag queen from Springfeild MA who cross post between groups to bring out flame wars. If you look it was cross posted to a gay news group also. Ya might want to keep that in mind so when someone searches your name and ask why you post in a gay group LOL

Post from MLife should be sent to snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net and snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net for a TOS violation of cross posting to off topic groups.

Reply to
Trai' La Trash

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 15:54:00 -0600, "Hairy"

But you don't need the same level of protection. Even with higher speed limits, cars still wouldn't travel at speeds similar to those driven by professional race drivers.

Reply to
Mike Helm

Becauth it'th fun, thweety.....

BTW... you theem.... errr, you seem to know a lot about this f********er....

Reply to
Jim Warman

It's not the speed that kills you. It's the manner in which you stop. The recent fatal nascar crashes looked minor compared to a header into the front end of a semi. H

Reply to
Hairy

But, Jim, you should already know... "If it saves just ONE life, it's worth it!" Of course, we should do it for the children...

Reply to
Bill Funk