Light Relay prob ???

Hi All.... I have a 96 Exp XLT. The other night I ran into an interesting interior light problem that I 'think' is a relay problem.

The problem --- When the headlights turn on (& only when they are on) I notice a few things that all started happening at the same time : 1- The radio lights not longer illuminate. The radio display & radio work fine however the knobs do not light up 2- The directional indicator and temperature on the upper console do not dim. I've seen them blink from normal to dim a couple of times however for the most part they are steady on. 3- The dash indicator lights for cruise control, 4WD & O/D off do not work when the headlights are on. If any of these functions are in use, the indicator light turn on as soon as I turn the headlights off.

Everything else seems to work fine - as far as I can tell.....

Have any of you experienced this ??? I believe it is related to a relay however I can not determine which one......I've looked through Chilton's and the owners manual but it is not obvious to me.

As always - THANKS for the help......

Reply to
John B. Parisi

My O/D button is either shorted or out?....anyone had this problem...if so...what was it....it seems to be a short...cause shift selector sometimes makes the on/off for the cruise lights on steering wheel go out as well?...I am stuck in O/D....because i think its a short?

Any suggestions?

Rod & Jodi

Reply to
TPP Pc tech