Looking for a Tint on front side windows

I have a 96 Explorer XLT with factory tint on the rear side and rear window. I'm looking for a name of a tint for the front driver and passenger windows that will match the rear windows. Does anyone have any suggestion?

Reply to
Steve

First suggestion would be to check your local laws (state/city) to see if you can do that. Most states won't let you tint the front windows that dark. Even if your local laws allow it, if you travel in a state that doesn't (e.g., CA.), you can be nailed there.

Other than that, any decent tint shop should be able to give you that information.

Reply to
bill

I live in California, it's a stupid law, but I have my fronts tinted 50%, which inst that much, I wanted 35%, but the tint shop I'd be in there within a week with a ticket. Basically any good tint shop can you get you hooked up with good tint, with life time warranty that matches. Hard part is avoiding stupid laws and tickets.

I wanted tinted front windows, basically, to keep people from looking inside my explorer and seeing a $1500 TV/DVD stereo system. My car was broken into once already.

Stupid law, you'll never see a Mercedes or BMW or luxury car tinted LIMO black pulled over. Lets face, you drive in LA or Beverly Hills, every movie star, sports athlete, or music artist has their Benz tinted like 10% black, so they cant be spotted. Its a great security, privacy, tool. Just my

2cents.
Reply to
Justin Keller

Well, I'm just pointing out reality, I don't write the laws. :-) I can see the concern; from a LEO's point of view, it can be scary enough doing a stop. Not being able to see what the driver's doing in there makes his/her job a lot more exciting!

Reply to
bill