mondeo cut out wont start

HELP

My mondeo petrol 1800 cut ou and wont start. There is no fuel at the rail and pump is not runninmg.

Where is the pump and how do I check it out.

Pete

Reply to
Peter

Big Shoe

If you have an immobiliser, it usually cuts the circuit to the starter, the ignition, and the fuel pump. Some of the early immobilisers were notoriously unreliable. I ended up strapping mine out. Unfortunately you will find it sifficult to find out how to do it. I worked the circuitry out in about 2 hours with a multimeter and a circuit diagram (Haynes)

As the other poster said, yes, there is a cutoff switch which you can reset. On my '95 mondeo, it was somewhere near the footwell on the passenger side.

The pump itself is either on or in the fuel tank.

You could also try posting on uk.rec.cars.maintenance or

click on forums HTH

Trefor

Reply to
Trefor