Need New Windshield

'96 Ford Explorer XLT. The windshield is badly cracked and needs replacement. We're going to pay for this ourselves and are not interested in used parts from a yard.

Is there anything unusual about the windshield that the replacement glass company needs to know about?

How can we be sure that the replacement windshield is of high quality?

Thanks.

Reply to
ll

No.

If you want the best quality windshield, get the OEM Ford item.

Reply to
Mark Olson

Carlite and PPG are ones that I am familiar with (I believe CarLite is manufactured by PPG). Installation technique is at least as important as the glass, itself. If your car has SRS, the windshield actually becomes part of the restraints system.

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman