Cracked Windshield

Has anyone had problems with cracking windshields? After a year and a half of owning my 2001 Focus SE, the first real problem has cropped up. I noticed last weekend my window has developed about a 7 inch crack starting from the middle top edge of the windshield. I'm going to see if I can get it replaced under warrenty, but was curious if anyone else has experienced this.

Devon

Reply to
Devon

I had thought that I had a stress crack on my 2001 ZX3 windshield, but I took it to the dealer.. and he ran a pen along the crack. and apparently I had gotta a very very tiny rock chip there. This was very unfortunate because I would much rather of had a free windshield then driving with a big crack in it. Anyway, the dealer informed me that stress cracks on the windshield will occur directly horizontal and must be free of any rock chips or anything to be covered under warrenty.

Kelly

Reply to
Kelly M

My 2002 developed a long horizontal crack in front of the driver's view. Dealer claimed it was a rock, cost me almost $350 to replace windshield.

Reply to
Charles Novins

Reply to
mikl

If your deductible is high.. don't even report it! DON'T have the dealer replace it, if they wont cover uner warranty. Try an independant glass company.. will cost you about $150-$200 for replacement.

Reply to
hape2beeme