No heat adjustment

1997 Ranger 4x4 extended cab with air con. I have tons of hot air just can not adjust the temperture in the cab. Anyone have a link to a web page that I can do some reading ???? Is it just a linkage problem or some damn electronics?? TIA Reg
Reply to
Kurly

If you have the auto climate control system, its probably the heater blend door problem. The dealer fix involves the replacement of the plenum which holds the blend door, which is buried under the dash, i.e., mucho dinero $$$$.

Some people have accessed the blend door by removing the glove box to expose the plenum, and then cutting a hole in the front of the plenum, and then fishing out the blend door and fitting in a replacement door.

My 96 Eddie Bauer Exploder has the same problem, and I'm waiting for a free weekend to tackle the fix.

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence Radcliffe

You are so right I found this web site, I have not tried it yet but I will once it warms up. Thank goodness mine is blowing out all warm air..

Here is the link

Reply to
Kurly

I have a little different problem, maybe. I can't direct the flow of air on a

97 Explorer without climate control. I can't direct air up, or at my feet or out the ac. It appears that something just is not moving to allow air out of the box. Is this the same problem?
Reply to
mattw