No 4 wheel drive?

Went to put my 2001 ranger in 4wd last night & nothing happened, not even the dash light. I checked the fuse in the dash but that's not the problem. any ideas?

thanks......

Reply to
D O A

Hey, I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt extended cab 4x4 myself, unfortunatly there are a number of things that might have gone wrong. You know the electric switch 4x4 system won't go to 4hi unless you under 45 mph, it could be part of the electronics that detects that, and 4low only works if you stopped, in park with your foot on the brake, so it could be any of those sensors. Your 4x4 mode will only show on the dash light if it succesfully engages 4x4 mode, so it could be the vacuum motor that engages your hubs, or part of the transfer case also. check the vacuum motor, check every fuse in the dash, and also the fuse boxes under the hood as well. Allot of people found the vacuum motor has gone out.

Reply to
Magnus